Thursday, February 23, 2012

So far, the worst thing is...

So I've had a pretty easy go of things. Nothing I can really complain about. But on Tuesday, I encountered what could possibly be the worst thing ever about my pregnancy....


Thin Mints gave me heartburn.


Like, immediately.


Now, I've been chewing tums since about week 5 with this baby, so heartburn is nothing new, but this was devastating. I usually can't pinpoint exactly what caused the said heartburn, so I just go along with tums in every place possible (bedroom, bathroom, work...). But this was clear. A food I can directly avoid to reduce the uncomfortable burning....which is only going to get worse as baby grows. To make matters even more tragic, I have an order of Thin Mints coming to me!! Do I dare eat and suffer the consequences? Would you?

In other news, we had our 18 week checkup this week. My doc found the heartbeat immediately (I guess its good she's better at it than I am). She says everything looks good, baby is growing and is located right where baby is supposed to be in my belly. She also said "Well, by 24-26 weeks, you'll really start showing." Ummm...excuse me!!! Please reference the previous post where I linked to a photo of my ever expanding belly....if that isn't showing, what is 8 more weeks going to look like!!!

Anyway, enough about me. Kevin's birthday is this coming Monday, and we're celebrating Saturday with friends and family. If you would like to come and either didn't get my email, or changed your mind, just let me know! A big Happy Birthday to my hubby!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'd just like to say that I'm more than willing to take those Thin Mints off your hands if you want.
    Also, I'm the only guy following this blog and that's not ok. Go bother Mike to join.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Kevin! I am so sad to hear about the Thin Mints. I LOVE Thin Mints..... if you do dare to eat them maybe wait until the weekend when you aren't working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can always freeze them till after the birthday.

    Aunt MJ

    ReplyDelete