Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Baby Update - 17w3d

Ok, so now it's time to fill everyone in on Baby. Things are going along very smoothly, so I have absolutely nothing to complain about. First trimester I had some nausea and food aversions, but I know it could have been MUCH worse than it was, so I'm not complaining about that. Once I hit 11 and a half weeks, all of that went away. Since then, things have been so easy it is kinda scary.

At 12weeks and 5 days, I found the heartbeat for the first time. I have a home doppler that I got from another preggie friend so I could find baby's heartbeat at home.
Click here, and ignore the video, just listen.

So that was very cool, because I couldn't feel the baby, nor was I showing, so this whole "being pregnant" idea was kinda abstract at the time.

Around 14 weeks, I finally felt like I was showing. I didn't notice, but one of my co workers mentioned something, so I decided to compare photos. I have been taking weekly ones since about 12 weeks.


So this is up to last week. You can definitely see the difference.

Starting this week I'm finally feeling like I'm pregnant. Some things are getting uncomfortable, and normal things I do at work I have started to have t think about. No more laying on my stomach, or putting any pressure there. I was demonstrating an exercise yesterday and had to stop because it was putting direct pressure on my belly, and that isn't so comfortable.

I also THINK I'm feeling the baby. It is really infrequent, so sometimes I think I'm imagining it, but sometimes I swear I'm feeling things. I'm sure this will get more and more frequent as time goes on and baby continues to grow.

Doctor appointment next Tuesday, and anatomy scan March 9th where we will find out sex, and make sure everything else looks good. I'm excited for that appointment, it is going to be a big one. We're doing the 4d scan, so we should get a good shot of baby.

Well, that's it for now, I'll let everyone know how things are progressing!!

2 comments:

  1. I am putting March 9th in my calendar! I can't wait to find out the sex of the baby! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That heartbeat was so precious and such a gift to hear!

    ReplyDelete