Sunday, June 3, 2012

PUPPPs

Pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy

Sounds fun, huh? While not officially diagnosed, I'm pretty sure I have this.

Essentially, this is a rash that develops in the third trimester of pregnancy.  It is characterized by red spots and bumps that usually develop on the belly, and then spread from there.  It resolves 1-2 weeks after delivery, and has no long term effects on mom or baby.

While this is the most benign thing I have had this pregnancy, it is by FAR the most annoying.  I itch constantly.  It kinda hovers low level all day long, then around 5pm, it starts getting really annoying.  My entire torso, front and back, is incredibly itchy.  I've tried benadryl, cortizone, lotions, hot showers, cool showers, everything I can think of.  Nothing really works.  I'm planning on asking for some topical or oral steroids when I see the doctor this week.  Hopefully that relieves some of the itching, because 7 week sis going to be a long time to deal with this!!

In other news, I have 4 more weeks of work!!!  I'm so excited to be almost done for a little while, and hopefully have a few weeks to relax at home and try and be comfortable.  The drive is getting difficult, sitting is uncomfortable since this little guy doesn't seem to be so little anymore!!  I think he is going to take after his daddy and be tall.

Other than those things, everything is pretty normal around here.  We're ready for him to be here.  Done with Lamaze class, we have breastfeeding class in a few weeks, maternity photos in 2 weeks, car seat inspection in two weeks...just a couple things left to do!!

1 comment:

  1. OH MAN, no fun! I had the chicken pox when I was in second grade and I remember how crazy bad those itched. NO FUN! Here's hoping Doc will give you something.

    Sounds like you are pretty much set and ready for Mr. Jackson! I can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete