Well, today is the magic day. It's Jackson's due date. I honestly didn't think I would still be pregnant at this point, and let me tell you, it is quite frustrating. According to the doc things are progressing, which gave me hope for him to be moving along by now, but no suck luck. Had a couple days of false labor, yesterday I had about 6 hours of it, then it decided to stop. That was probably the most frustrating. Now today, a whole bunch of nothing so far. Kevin and I are going to go walk around today (inside, because it is about a billion degrees outside) in hopes to get things going, but after trying just about everything yesterday, I think he's stubborn and is just going to wait until he is good and ready.
My doc says she doesn't let women go past 41 weeks anymore (I guess most Los Angeles area docs don't), so I'm assuming at our appointment Thursday, if we make it there, we'll do an induction. Which I REALLY don't want, so I'm thinking we might try some more conservative induction methods before going to Pitocin...but hopefully he'll come before then and we won't have to make those decisions. Fingers crossed!
Here is what I look like this morning, at 40 weeks. He is sitting really really low (and doesn't it feel like it!). Just waiting and waiting at this point. And I'm not a patient person, nor do I like not being in control, so this is really hard for me. Plus having everyone just waiting for me to say "Ok, it's time" is pretty stressful, since I've never done this before and don't know when it will be time.
So, everyone think labor thoughts for me!!!

OK
ReplyDelete1. You look so great!
2. I am the same way, I like you know when things will happen, and expect them to happen at that time (day).
3. OH MAN, false alarm labor.... that would freak me out if I started. I would be like IT'S HAPPENING GET ME TO THE HOSPITAL NOW! LOL Knowing me, I'd make Brendon take me to the hospital and camp out there everyday near my due date. HA! Then if it happens BAM, "Hello, having a baby NOW, check me in". LOL
Here's hoping he decided today is the day!
Oh and P.S. I can't tell you how BEYOND thrilled, words can't describe, I am for you. It's not too much longer now and you'll be holding your little man in your arms. My eyes just tear up every time I think about it!
ReplyDeleteHappy due date day!!! I'm so sorry he hasn't made his move yet but he will be here very soon!! Sending you lots of good labor thoughts, hopefully it doesn't go to an induction. Thinking of the three of you, hopefully your next post will be his little face!
ReplyDelete