So, everything so far has been pretty much rainbows and butterflies around here. I try and keep a positive attitude, because I know if you THINK you feel bad, guess what?!?! YOU FEEL BAD!!!
But time for some honesty. It isn't all kicks and somersaults and baby feet on ultrasounds. It is also heartburn, muscle soreness, fatigue, and pain. Today was one of those days. Oh, and worry. Can't forget the all encompassing worry.
At our last ultrasound Jackson was breech. This is totally normal at 21 weeks (I think 30% or something). It still causes worry. I want a completely natural child birth. This isn't possible with breech. Well, it is, but I'm not willing to risk it just to say I got my natural delivery. It means, for us, C-Section. Not at all what is in the plans (however much we CAN plan for delivery...). So I've been hoping and hoping he turns the last few weeks, and will continue to do so until our next ultrasound in about 3 weeks. Today, it certainly felt like SOMETHING was going on in there, and I hope it was a big ole flip. My lower abs are really sore, tons of pelvic pain (pubic symphysis dysfunction...something nobody tells you about until you have it...)...today was also the first day I felt like I had to sit down at work because I was uncomfortable standing. Now, I REALLY hope this is temporary, because I still have 17 weeks to go, too long for this business!!!
Also had a mild blood pressure hiccup at my last visit. Turned out to be nothing, but it was certainly a stressful 30 minutes for me. Let's hope that never happens again!!
Overall though, I am loving being pregnant. I get to bring my little buddy to work with me everyday, feel him moving around more and more (though he STILL goes quiet when I put a hand on my belly, so Kevin hasn't felt him yet!). I love having a belly, not having to worry about covering it up. I swear, being pregnant is one of the best things to happen to my body image in a long time. I'm finally PROUD of that bump!
Nursery is coming together...and by that I mean the room is now empty and clean and ready to be filled. We've decided not to paint or anything, and to just use wall art, etc to make the room what it is, and letting the kiddos choose what they want to decorate the room as when they're older and can pick paint colors, etc.
I have a baby shower for one of my best good friends this weekend, I'm SO excited. I'm so glad our babies will be close in age so they can play together as they grow up. I have a couple other pregnant friends too, so exciting! I think I'm the last one due of the group I know about, so I'll get to play with all their babies before it is my turn.
Despite my complaints this blog, I wouldn't trade this for the world. It is the most amazing thing I have ever done in my life, also the scariest, but it will be the most rewarding. Only 4 more months until we all get to meet this little guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment